A Message From Our Founder
“A small, specialty domestic resource for decorative upholstery fabrics always seemed like a good idea to me,” according to Steve Bowman, founder. I started Solafina by networking with people and companies I’ve met during the span of my textile career. We’ve worked to assemble a manufacturing supply chain utilizing the best of American fiber resources, yarn producers, dyers, weavers and finishers…each with their own proprietary specialties. We coupled this talent pool with our own custom unique designs and developed the Solafina product line….and the Solafina Guild.”
The Solafina partnerships give us the ability to utilize the skills and technology over a broad spectrum of textile manufacturing disciplines that would be impossible to assemble or find within one manufacturing company.
We offer customers the flexibility option of purchasing fabric by the full piece (50 yd rolls) or the convenience of choosing from our stocked cut yardage collection.
Solafina is equipped to handle custom, made-to-order fabrics as well…contact your representative for details.
From design inception to completion, each Solafina® fabric meets benchmark criteria affecting fiber selection, overall fiber content, color and fabric finishing.
Solafina® Collections Incorporate One Or More of The Following Design Elements:
- Natural and Sustainable Fibers – Includes Raw Cotton, Linen, Hemp, Jute, Ramie, Flax/Cotton Blends, Viscose Bamboo, Wool and Raw Silk.
- Recycled Fibers – Includes both Post Consumer and Post Industrial fibers reclaimed from textile yarn, fabric and garment waste streams.
- Earth-Friendly Color – Many Solafina® patterns derive their color and hue from the unique and inherent tones of natural fiber. When color is needed, our designers specify the use of low-impact, reduced or metal-free dye components to assure minimal effect on the environment and water resources.
- Fabric Finishing – We use only pure water and mild soap to achieve desired hand and appearance. When backing is required, we use a specially formulated latex compound containing less than 1% inorganic solids. Upon customer request, we offer FR treatment to meet fabric flammability requirements for specific markets.
- We also offer the option of our proprietary SMOOTHSTONE finish which serves as a soil-stain repellent and abrasion enhancer. *See separate product detail.
Testing – Each Solafina® fabric is tested to assure compliance with established industry standards.
Made in the U.S.A. – Solafina® upholstery fabrics are proudly designed and created in the United States by skilled textile artisans. We offer both open-line and custom design options for our customers. Contact us by email at email@example.com to arrange a fabric showing or to request memo samples.
Cut Yardage – Selected styles are available on a Cut Yardage basis for customers needing less than full piece quantities. Minimum order requirement is 5 yards with fabric kept in stock for prompt shipment.
At Solafina® we recognize the importance and responsibility of combining elements of exquisite design, excellent quality and outstanding customer service.